To download and print a 2016 entry form, click 2016LAwritesentryandflyer
Louisiana Writing Project
Louisiana Writes! Youth Writing Contest – 2016
Entry/ Release form
Please print. Failure to include all information may disqualify the entry.
Title of entry ________________________________
Grade level _________________
Language: English French Category: Poetry Fiction Nonfiction
Teacher’s name ________________________
School address __________________________________
City _______________________________, LA Zip ______________________
Student’s Home mailing address _______________________________________________
City ___________________________, LA Zip _______________________
Home phone number ________________
e-mail address _________________________
Pledge of originality: I declare that the work I am submitting to the Louisiana Writes contest is my own original work.
Student’s signature ___________________________________________________________
Release form: I hereby grant to the Louisiana Writing Project the nonexclusive right and permission in respect of the original writing I have submitted to the Louisiana Writes contest, to use, publish, and otherwise reproduce this work and to use my child’s name to identify the author of this work in connection with my participation in the Louisiana Writes Contest. I understand that any use of this submitted work will include my child’s name as its creator. In any of the winning categories, the Louisiana Writing Project maintains the right to declare no winner and withhold prizes if no work of merit is found.
I, _________________________________, being the parent or guardian of the above-named minor, hereby consent to and join in the foregoing release and consent on behalf of said minor.
Note: Winners will be asked to submit a copy via e-mail in September of 2016. Authors and teachers should save a personal copy electronically enabling this submission.
Louisiana Writes! Young Writer’s Contest
Margaret Simon, Contest Coordinator
#3 Duperier Oaks, New Iberia, LA. 70563
Youth Writing Contest – 2016
Competition is open to all Louisiana students in grades K-12.
Prose: French or English Fiction or Nonfiction
- K-6th grades: 750 word limit
- 7th-12th grades: 1500 word limit
Poetry: (up to 3 poems, max. 100 lines) French or English
Medals and certificates awarded in each English category in each of the six grade-level divisions:
K-2nd grade 3rd-4th grade 5th -6th grades 7th -8th grades
9th -10th grades 11th-12th grades
Medals and certificates awarded in each French category will be for all grade levels within the division:
Junior Division: K – 6th grades Senior Division: 7th-12th grades
Deadline for entry: May 15, 2016
- Notification of winners by September 1, 2016
- Entries must include an entry form with signed permission for publication. In order for judging to remain anonymous, please do not put the author’s name on the entry.
- Email submissions are not accepted at this time.
- Winning entries will be published in an anthology, and the winning authors will be invited to an event during the Louisiana Festival of the Book.
- In any of the winning categories the Louisiana Writing Project maintains the right to declare no winner and withhold prizes if no work of merit is found.
- Students may enter writings in all categories within their age group.
Send entries to:
LA Writes Contest
# 3 Duperier Oaks
New Iberia, LA. 70563
E-mail: email@example.com (Do not email submissions)